Are you sitting in a noisy environment but don't want to miss your favorite show, The Handmaid's Tale, on Hulu? Well, enabling Hulu closed caption and turning on Hulu subtitles can help you understand the plot and what is playing in the background. Turning subtitles off and then on and changing language settings are ways to correct Hulu subtitles not working.
Sometimes subtitles can divert your focus from the action onscreen, making you want to know how to turn off subtitles on Hulu. Can’t keep up with the fast accent? Learn how to turn on subtitles on Hulu.
How to Close Hulu Caption?
Streaming platforms like Disney Plus, Netflix, Paramount Plus, and Hulu offer closed captions. Hulu closed caption or Hulu subtitles help you understand the spoken words and the background music.
Sometimes captions can distract you. If you are watching a series with a complex plot, reading captions can feel like work. Also, you may have a hard time focusing on the Hulu captions. That is when you want to learn how to turn off subtitles on Hulu.
You can learn how to turn off subtitles on Hulu and enjoy videos without Hulu captions distracting you from the action onscreen.
You can turn off Hulu subtitles on your living room or mobile device without affecting the settings on the account level. However, if you change Hulu subtitles via Hulu's website, the changes will be reflected across all profiles.
Turning off Hulu Caption on Living Room Devices
Here’s how to turn off Hulu subtitles on your living room device, such as a Smart TV:
- Push the arrow pointing upwards on your remote when your video is playing to open the Playback bar.
- Next, swipe up on your remote to launch the Settings menu.
- Lastly, navigate to Captions & Subtitles and choose whether to turn captions On or Off.
Here’s how to turn off Hulu subtitles if you are using Hulu classic app:
- Push the button pointing upwards on your remote to open the Playback bar.
- Next, push the up button again to navigate to More Options.
- Lastly, choose Captions, select the language and click on Off.
Following these steps, you can learn how to get closed caption on Hulu.
Turning off Hulu Caption on Mobile device
Here’s how to turn off Hulu closed caption if you are using the Hulu app on your mobile device:
- Launch your Hulu app and click on the video you want to play.
- Next, click on the Settings icon while the video is playing.
- Then, go to Subtitles & Caption, and select whether you want to turn off the Hulu closed captions.
- Lastly, click on X to save the new Hulu closed captions settings.
Turning off Hulu Caption on Web
Here’s how to turn off Hulu closed caption via Hulu’s website:
- Visit Hulu.com and click on the video you want to play.
- Next, navigate to the Settings option while the video is playing and open the Subtitles & Audio Menu.
- Lastly, look for the available language, and customize the Hulu closed caption color and font. If you want to close captions, tap on Off.
By following these steps on living room devices, mobile devices, and the web, you can learn how to turn off Hulu closed caption.
How to Turn on Subtitles on Hulu?
If you are hard of hearing, want to improve comprehension, or just add some new and unique words to your vocabulary, you can do so by learning how to turn on subtitles on Hulu. Once you learn how to put subtitles on Hulu, you can enhance your online viewing experience.
You can learn how to get subtitles on Hulu via Web, Android, iOS devices, and Smart TVs.
Turning on Subtitles On Web
Here’s how to turn on Hulu closed caption via Hulu’s website:
- Go to Hulu’s website and click on the video you want to play.
- Next, navigate to the Settings gear while the video is playing in the background.
- Next, click on the arrow on the right side to open the subtitles menu.
- Under the Subtitles section, turn on the Hulu closed caption by selecting the language.
Following these steps, you can figure out how to get subtitles on Hulu and also learn how to change the language on Hulu of your Hulu captions.
Turning on Subtitles On Android and iOS Devices
So far, we have discussed how to get closed caption on Hulu via the web. Now let’s discuss how to turn subtitles on Hulu via Android and iOS devices.
Here’s how to put subtitles on Hulu via Android and iOS devices:
- Tap your Android or iOS device’s screen while watching a video on the Hulu app to pull up the playback options.
- The next step is to click on the Settings gear.
- Next, turn on the toggle switch next to the subtitles option.
- Lastly, choose the language in which you want to see the subtitles.
By following these steps, you can not only learn how to get closed caption on Hulu via your Android or iOS app but also how to change the language on Hulu.
Turning on Subtitles On Smart TVs
Here’s how to turn subtitles on Hulu via your Smart TV:
- Open the Hulu app on your Smart TV and play the video of your choice.
- Push the up button on the remote and tap on Settings gear.
- Tapping on the Settings gear will open the Captions & Subtitles. Next, click on On to turn on Hulu subtitles.
- Lastly, choose the language in which you want to see your subtitles.
By following these steps, you can learn how to get subtitles on Hulu and how to change the language on Hulu of your subtitles.
How to Fix Hulu Subtitles Not Working?
So far, we have discussed how to put subtitles on Hulu. Now, let’s learn how to fix Hulu subtitles not working.
Re-enable Hulu Closed Caption
Once you know how to turn subtitles on Hulu, you can fix Hulu subtitles not working. The easiest way to fix that is to disable and re-enable the Hulu subtitles. You can navigate to settings, look for the subtitles section, turn it off and then turn on the subtitles.
Check Hulu Servers
Sometimes the Hulu app is going through a problem which can lead to Hulu subtitles not working. In that case, you can wait for the servers to work again or go to Hulu's social media handle to learn more about the issue.
Update Hulu App
An outdated Hulu app can also cause subtitle issues. Check if an update is available to upgrade your app to the latest version, free of bugs.
How to Download Hulu Videos with MyStream Hulu Downloader?
Hulu offers endless entertainment with thousands of shows and movies. But, streaming these videos requires a strong internet connection. What if you can download Hulu videos? With MyStream Hulu Downloader, you can download Hulu movies and originals in 4k and superior audio quality.
The batch download mode downloads the entire series in a batch without affecting internet speed. The videos are then saved in the MP4 format to make them playable on your device.
Enabling Hulu closed caption can enhance your online viewing experience. You can enable or disable Hulu captions on your web browser, Smart TV, Android, and iOS devices. If your Hulu subtitles are not working, check Hulu servers, update the Hulu app or reset subtitles.